Registered user since Fri 25 Apr 2014
Name: Robert Hirschfeld
Bio: Robert Hirschfeld is a Professor of Computer Science at the Hasso Plattner Institute at the University of Potsdam, Germany. There he founded and leads the Software Architecture Group which is concerned with fundamental elements and structures of software. Methods and tools are developed for improving the comprehension and design of complex and interesting systems.
He served as a visiting professor at the Tokyo Institute of Technology (東京工業大学) and The University of Tokyo (東京大学), Japan.
Robert was a senior researcher with DoCoMo Euro-Labs, the European research facility of NTT DoCoMo Japan, where he worked on infrastructure components for next generation mobile communication systems with a focus on dynamic service adaptation and context-oriented programming.
Prior to joining DoCoMo Euro-Labs, he was a principal engineer at Windward Solutions in Sunnyvale, California, where he designed and implemented distributed object systems, consulted in the area of object database technologies, and developed innovative software products and applications.
Robert received a Ph.D. in Computer Science from the Ilmenau University of Technology, Germany.
Personal website: http://www.hirschfeld.org/
ECOOP 2015 Activities
- Author of Short Paper: Call-target-specific Method Arguments within the ICOOOLPS-track in ICOOOLPS 2015
- Author of Efficient Layered Method Execution in ContextAmber within the COP-track in COP 2015
- Committee Member in Program Committee for COP 2015
- Author of Connecting Object Constraints with Context-oriented Programming: Scoping Constraints with Layers and Activating Layers with Constraints within the COP-track in COP 2015
- Author of Towards Reducing the Need for Algorithmic Primitives in Dynamic Language VMs Through a Tracing JIT within the ICOOOLPS-track in ICOOOLPS 2015
- Show activities from other conferences
View general profile